I already blogged about a good chunk of my week but there were little odds and ends that I wanted to share but they didn't really fit in with my other blog posts. That's why I love Five For Friday. You get to share 5 random things from your week.
Here are mine:
1) Have you ever tried to put up bulletin board paper all by yourself? I'm pretty sure I mastered it this week because I have very large walls and I redid the whole room all by myself. I have two walls that are completely covered in a carpet like material. They're brown. Not a nice brown. Ugly brown. I covered them in black fadeless paper.
2) Do you go through erasers like they're candy? My kids can never seem to find an eraser even though I know there are like 100 out there somewhere in magical eraser land. I put them out and then they just disappear. Since I go through so many I started cutting mine up into 2 pieces. I've found they last longer this way....maybe broken erasers don't make it into magical eraser land. If only I could do this with pencils because they go missing even more than erasers do.
3) I got to meet the sweetest baby this week!! Kristin from Bonjour Grade 1 recently had a baby and I had the pleasure of meeting her this week! You can check out this sweet bundle on her blog along with a few other great ideas!
4) I don't know about you but I've done A LOT of color printing over the last few weeks and it's not really covered by my budget so it's all out of pocket. I think my husband was starting to get a little worried, "Really, you have more printing to do?". Why couldn't he be like Ryan Gosling:
here or by clicking on the images below. There are over 50 different cards to choose from but I am also taking requests from people who purchase the set. If you buy them I will customize them to add any cards that you need!
5) And Finally, I did spend a little quality time with my munchkins: This is my daughter and her friend on our walk to the park (She's the one in pink):
This coming week I have a workshop for Inquiry based learning that I'm super excited about! I'll fill you all in next week with what I learned!
Posted by Second-grade-alicious at 05:39:00